6.26.2008

The shopping outweighs the soccer!

Yes, Joel is in seventh heaven being able to be in Europe during the Euro Cup 2008, I on the otherhand am thoroughly enjoying the markets and great shopping that Florence has to offer. (And the museums too!) Today I found a leather handbag that I couldn't live without and Joel was kind enough to let me get it! In some ways, the markets remind me of Itaewon in Korea, but no one is hounding you to buy anything, so that is a nice change. We try to bargain, and make them feel sorry for us that the dollar is weak, but that has not brought us any luck.... oh, well, we try. =)
Tomorrow we are heading on a day trip to Siena. I am excited to see this Medieval town and everyone who we've talked to says it is a trip well worth taking. In that case, I best get my rest since we are leaving early in the morning on the bus.
Ciao! Ciao!

No comments: