6.22.2008

We have arrived at the amazing Vernazza!!!!


WOW! What a place! Just the views from our room are breathtaking. We left Venice around 8 am this morning and took 4 different trains until we could arrive in our final destination of the Cinque Terra Region.
Strangely enough, at our train stop in Piza, I looked up and recognized our neighbors, The Barr's, from when my parents and I lived in South Korea - what a SMALL world! I hadn't seen them for 10 years and now thier kids (who were also with them) were so grown up.... to think I babysat for them, what seems like just a short time ago, and now they are in high school and college! Yikes! I feel old. ..... anyways, Joel and I are doing well. After surviving the hottest and longest train ride EVAR! I think we will really enjoy our stay here in this beautiful region. As we were walking down to the beach once we arrived, Joel turned to me and said, "I can already tell that I want to come back here again someday." So far, no complaints, it has just been enjoyable to take it all in and try to savor it for a lifetime. Ciao!

No comments: